Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot....My Ass is on Fire

Okay, yeah, so it's been awhile since I posted.  (I'm 33 weeks now).  Tom keeps telling me to post, because I'll really want to remember this time later (yes, hon, you're right).  But I have good excuses, I swear! 

I'm really proud of these curtains. 


It could be because I'm naturally kind of OCD, but nesting has hit this lady hard.  I have been working myself to near-exhaustion, figuring out the best places for all the cute little baby things, and cleaning, cleaning, cleaning.  And then cleaning some more.  We even re-arranged our living room!  I've also been obsessed with our finances, and trying to find daycare and pediatricians, and going to pre-natals (they're now every two weeks!) and dealing with all sorts of car problems.  I've decided that "nesting" is simply a cute term for "this lady has too much crap to deal with, so she looks crazy." 

The crib, curtains I've made, wall hangings, and a pile of junk to go to the attic
The biggest pain in my butt, though, is quite literally that--shooting pains in my butt that occur whenever I
stand up, move my legs to walk, sit down, or try to bend over (I haven't been successful in the whole bending over thing for quite some time, but I put that in there to make myself feel better).  It's from pressure on my sciatic nerve, and it's awful.  It hurts so badly that I just stop whatever movement I'm making and freeze in place--like a game of statues where the prize is not being in pain.  Hooray.  I can put hot or cold compresses on the area, and I can lay down on the opposite side of the pain, and there are some exercises that I can do (although who's idea of 200 pelvic exercises a day being anything that a pregnant woman would have the time or the inclination to to do is beyond me).  An Epidural sounds just fine to me right now, thank you very much.

In other news (news beyond my ass, that is) the nursery is coming along, and we had a perfectly awesome baby shower in July (thanks so much, everyone!  I promise I'll get those thank-you cards out soon).  I've started to put some things in my hospital bag, and the car seat is all strapped in the car and ready to go (Tom likes to use it to hold take-out sandwiches currently).

The best parts of my pregnancy have been the moments where Tom can feel the baby move, and we just lay together, amazed at this really awesome being we've created.  The sciatic pain is worth it in those moments.

The nursing area (will be moved, actually, and we were given a new glider, but you get the idea) 


0 comments: